sections in the article
This article describes how the Tooltip can be used and configured to be able to see more information about a Planner entity without leaving the Gantt chart overview.
How to use the tooltip in the planner overview
- In the Planner Application, click Overview to open the Gantt chart that shows the Marketing activities.
- In the Gantt chart there is a Tooltip that is displayed when you hover with the cursor over the bars or over the planner entities in the list.
- By using the Tooltip you can get an overview of the information without leaving the Planner overview.
- The Tooltip show some of the entity field values depending on which entity it is and how the Tooltip is configured for this type of planner entity.
To configure what to show in the tooltip for each planner entity
A user with Administrator privileges have the possibility to configure the Tooltip for the different planner entities. What fields to show in the Tooltip can be selected per planner entity so that the most relevant fields for each entity type can be defined.
- In Planner, click Configuration in the main menu.
- Click the tab Tooltips.
- A list of all the Planner entites are presented with a dropdown list for each entity.
- For each entity you have the possibility to select what fields for that entity to show on the Tooltip in the Planner overview.
- To configure the Tooltip for the Activity entity you open the dropdown list and check all the fields that you want to see in the Tooltip for this type of entity.
- Click the Save button that appear as soon as you make some changes to the configuration.
- A confirmation is presented in the bottom right corner to show that the save has been completed.
- Go to the Planner overview to see that the changes are reflected in the Tooltip for the type of entity that you configured.