sections in the article
This article explains how to set up Content Segmentation in inriver.
To set up content segmentation
Follow these steps to set up Content Segmentation:
- As a customer, contact inriver Support to request access to the Segments application in inriver Control Center. (Segments are available by default in partner environments).
When Content Segmentation is first activated, all entities are assigned to a Default segment.
- Go to inriver Control Center > User management > Segments, then click Add Segment to change the name of the Default segment and create new segments.
- Enter information in the Name and Description fields and click Save.
- Each segment will be assigned an ID (read-only field).
- In inriver Control Center > User Management > Users, assign users to roles if needed.
- Click Edit to change which segments the user's role will be applied to.
- Click the assigned role in the inriver Role field to select which segments to apply the role to, then click OK.
- Once you're done, click Save.
Content segmentation: Video tutorial
In the video below you can see how you create segments and assign users to roles within segments.
Good to know
- When Content Segmentation is first activated, all entities are assigned to a Default segment. As described, you can change the name of this segment and also create new segments.
- To be able to change or assign segments to entities, the permission ChangeEntitySegment has to be assigned to the User Role in inriver Control Center > User Management > Roles.
- As described, designated segments also have to be connected to the user. This is done in inriver Control Center > User Management > Users.
- The read-only column with segment ID is to make it easier to identify and assign a segment to entities.