4000+
active members

Sample model for iPMC

Comments

10 comments

• Official comment
    inriver

Hi everyone,

As Per B. mentioned there is now a .zip archive with basic Models available for download on the Community, you can find it on the page:

https://community.inriver.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012210953-Model-Mandatory-entities-fields-and-links 

inRiver Community / Annette

Frank Lemmen

Hi Per,

iPMC is fully empty. You need to set it up manually. On this page you can find instructions -> https://community.inriver.com/product/control-center/model/mandatory-entities-fields/

So yes, it is manual work...... There is no sample model like in the 6.3 versions

Also do not forget to create the LinkTypes

Tip: Create one good basic setup, export it to a Json via the export function. This Json can then be imported into a next (new)instance so you have a basic setup within seconds and thus saving a lot of time.

Per Bolmstedt | Kodexe ☕

Can you (or anyone else) post your "good basic setup" (i.e. one with all the "MANDATORY ENTITIES AND FIELDS") here? :)

Frank Lemmen

I think that is a good task for InRiver themselves to create & provide this. Each partner (lke us) have our own customised basic setups which we use. 

Per Bolmstedt | Kodexe ☕

Well, we all have to start with the "MANDATORY ENTITIES AND FIELDS".

I've submitted a support ticket to provide a sample model for iPMC. If I get one, I will post it here if I'm allowed. 

In the meantime, still waiting for someone else to deliver. :)

Jeffery Williams

Hi Per,

(Without getting into a religious war [Windows vs Linux])

I would have to (mostly) agree with Frank here.  If you have a sandbox environment as we do, we have created a basic "starter" setup and exported it and use it as our "Base".  

It took an hour or so to do, but all of the following setups took less than a minute.  Well worth the time and effort (and we got to do things "Our own way" as we also have some templates we include).

What I do not agree with is having InRiver "dictate" how we do our modeling.  I personally enjoy having the "freedom".

Per Bolmstedt | Kodexe ☕

I have five importable base model files (see below) now from inRiver, which work fine to import, so I haven't had to create anything manually.

1. Mandatory 
    2. Mandatory + Product/Item
    3. Mandatory + Product/Item + Specifications
    4. Mandatory + Product/Item + Specifications + Print
    5. Mandatory + Product/Item + Specifications + Print + Planner

I'm informed they will be (or already are?) available here on the community as well, so you don't need to get them from me. :)

Stefan de Jong

I just stumbled across them here: https://community.inriver.com/product/control-center/model/mandatory-entities-fields/

Per Bolmstedt | Kodexe ☕

That page is linked several times already in this thread. But it looks like it's been updated to include the base model downloads. Perfect!

The packages are additive, so you probably want #5 which includes everything since Planner will require manual setup otherwise.

Jeffery Williams

Might even be more perfect, if new installations were "BORN" with these.

Just a thought..

Please sign in to leave a comment.