sections in the article
We are happy to introduce you to Roy Eriksson. He is one of the inriver Champions and a partner.
We asked him 10 questions 👇
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm in my early thirties, married and a father of one with our second on the way, living in the south of Sweden, which neatly summarizes the phase I'm at in my life. I've always had an interest in computers since an early age, which I got from my father and started building websites at an early age. That naturally lead me to start my career as an e-commerce developer and to later encounter the world of PIM systems. Currently, I'm the PIM Business Development Manager at Consid where I work closely with our inriver teams, marketing- and sales organisations to ensure solution success and drive business.
2. How long have you been working with inriver PIM?
I started working with PIM and had my first look at inriver around 2014, but then my primary focus was e-commerce development. I fell in love with inriver so much that when I switched employer in 2017 I decided that I only wanted to work with PIM, two years later I was invited as an inriver Champion.
3. In your opinion, what are the 3 best things about inriver PIM?
- All the people working with and at inriver, our collective drive and passion are what makes inriver and the community better every day!
- The elastic data model --simply put it's the foundation that makes everything else possible.
- The customizability and extendibility of the platform, giving us the ability to tailor the system for each customer need.
4. If someone has a question about inriver PIM, what topics do you prefer to answer?
As I like to be involved in all stages of a PIM project, from sales and pre-study to architecture, implementation and beyond, I like to think I can answer most questions. If not, I know who can or where to get the answer. As I work closely with our teams in my role, I see a lot of different customer challenges and environments, which gives me both a broad and deep knowledge.
5. What advice would you give to someone who is starting to work with inriver PIM?
Find a mentor, either at your company or in the community. Having someone to brainstorm your thoughts with helps a lot and lets you avoid potential pitfalls. It’s especially important in Enterprise contexts where there are a lot of parts working together, and previous experiences and knowledge really make a difference when the goal is a world-class PIM implementation.
Discover the other 5 questions and get to know more about Roy in the video below 😉👇
Want to know more about Roy Eriksson? Feel free to leave him a question in the comments and connect with him on LinkedIn.
Please sign in to leave a comment.