sections in the article
The March N-6 release is a major maintenance release which contains improvements and bug fixes across the platform. The release includes several fixes for Enrich and Syndicate among a lot of other amazing improvements for our service. Enjoy!
Below is a short summary of the improvements delivered in this release. Note that the scope of the release might change to some extent during testing; prompting updates to the release notes.
The following have been delivered smoking hot to you with this release:
- As a user in Syndicate, I will now have more precise error messaging in displaying what has gone wrong, which means that I can work more independently. You can also categorize your fields in the format file and filter them in the Mapping UI.
As a user in Enrich, when doing a mass update on multi CVL fields it will be possible to select what kind of update that should be done. This will make it possible to control if the selected values should be appended to current values, removed from current values or replace current values.
- Please also see the article on new syndicate extensions as part of N-6.
For Enrich - the following improvements and bug fixes have been implemented:
Excel export that has an EntityType with special characters in its displayName will succeed.
- Names of the Task Status can contain a space character
- Excel import will now update Last Modified date
- When searching for products, selecting one of these products and removing all the content from one field will now be possible
- The "Select all" option will be unchecked after updating a work area
- Collapse function now also works on Linked Entities Groups on the Includes tab
- Expand and Collapse icons will now change correctly on the Specification tab for Products
- A new workarea is now kept and not lost after closing the entity overview
- The specification field label will be presented in the UI and break up on several lines when the label is long so that a user can search to find the field
- Possible to rename a new, non-saved, query in a work area
- Possible to download media from the Task entity.
- Possible to download media going through the Dashboard
- Our brand new UI now also displays subcategories in Enrich
- Child CVLs will only be visible when the parent is selected
- Edit Query within work areas will not be visible when clicking on the work area folder
- The login loop for users that can make it impossible to log in is now fixed
For Syndicate - the following improvements and bug fixes have been implemented:
- "Category" is now a new way of categorizing your fields in the mapping. You can read more in this article about format file creation and this article about the Mapping UI
- Multiple improvements to error logging when syndications have failed
- New extension packages have now been released for both standard and Excel extensions. You will find them and instructions on how to update your existing packages in this article
- Improved error messaging
- Bug fix for tab as delimiter did not work with delivery method
- Fixed a bug where some SFTP host name prefix makes the syndication fail
- SKU fields are now supported in Concatenate function
- SKU fields are now supported in CTX functions. Read more in this article
- You can now toggle between displaying FieldTypeId and field names in the mapping UI
- Improvements made to Related entity field function. You can now select a specified entity to base your output upon. You can read more about it in this article
- Related entity CTX function has been updated to match the previous bullet. Read more in this article
- Additional minor UI/UX improvements
- Trying to switch between Syndicate mapping UI to Evaluate or other features will now prompt a warning if you are leaving any work unsaved
- Fixed a bug where "Next" button disappeared in the mapping wizard when switching between "Create new format" and "Select existing format"
- ChooseLanguage automapping functionality no longer replaces existing functions
- CTX Function GetCurrentEntityFieldSetId() will now output the respective FieldSetId for all the entities in the Work Area Folder instead of just the first FieldSetId for all the entities in the Work Area Folder
- Drop down list of apps no longer automatically redirect you to Syndicate homepage
- Leaving Mapping UI no longer displays a warning of unsaved work if user has saved
- All functions are now carrying over when creating a duplicate mapping
- Fixed an error message when trying to delete a custom function that is in use
- A bug where output headers in some instances did not match the mapping headers have now been fixed
- CVLvalue delimiter will now display selected value when editing the function
- Filters of mapping UI now work together in all combinations
- Fixed an issue where a function applied to a SKU field made the syndication fail in some instances
- Fixed a bug causing functions with input parameters not able to be edited
- Applying a function with input parameters to multiple fields is now possible
- Automapping ChooseLanguage "Apply to all" function now applies to previously manually added ChooseLanguage functions
- Title of radio buttons in Related entity field is now also clickable
- Removed excessive "Add relation" button in Related entity field function
- List of entities in Related entities function is no longer case sensitive and now listed alphabetically
- Fixed a bug where fields with the same name didn't carry over to duplicate mapping
The following improvements and bug fixes have also been implemented:
- In Planner - the space character is no longer displayed as "%20" in view- and tooltip
- Contribute - when CVL fields are marked as non editable, they are not possible to edit.
- Plan & Release - The language rule will not be set for a link rule that does not utilize fields of data type locale string.
- Supplier Onboarding - history will be presented after importing entities via backend
Note that the scope of the release might change to some extent during testing, prompting updates to the release notes. As always, links to articles are added and updated continuously as we're rolling out the update.
Are there any news on, when this will be deployed?
Hello, Any news available. Would be nice to get a final date when this release will be available. Ingo
Has it been deployed, becouse I can not find this new feature.
If it is there please add information how it works since I not can find the selection for kind of update.
Tommy Åkesson the deployment was postponed and no new release date has been set right now, you can have a look at this page https://community.inriver.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414985471890-N-6-deploy-schedule-January-2022 and "follow" it to receive updates via email.
Benjamin Brofeldt Ingo Seitz Tommy Åkesson
The page Roy Eriksson guided you towards is now updated with new dates.
N-6 deploy Schedule
I have had notifiction of Print 2.0 functionality. Is this part of N-6?
No Print 2.0 is not part of N-6
Please sign in to leave a comment.