sections in the article
This article provides a process-oriented view of the move to Print 2.0.
The process of moving to Print 2.0 is similar to setting up a new implementation while leveraging your existing Print templates and information from the inriver data model such as Products, Items, Attributes, and Resources.
The move will follow a series of phases. Our Expert Services team will lead each phase in collaboration with you.
Our Expert Services team analyzes your print requirements during the discovery phase to get a detailed overview of the current setup and understand if any improvements are needed. This is an assessment of your entire print project currently in use, including your data model, templates, existing automation and customizations, and workflows.
You should provide our team with an example of a publication in Adobe InDesign format.
Here is a list of some of the questions that our Expert Services team uses to better understand your business print needs, the current setup, and your future requirements.
- What publications are available today?
- How frequently are publications produced?
- In what languages are publications made?
- Is there a difference in the assortment per language?
- Is there a difference in the assortment per country?
- Is pricing used in any of the publications?
- How many publication revision rounds are applicable?
- What is the current print workflow?
- Who is responsible for the product data?
- Who decides what information needs to be in the publications?
- How are the requirements communicated to the designers?
- How are the documents transferred?
During this phase, our Expert Services team will define and propose the solution, project plan, and processes.
The aim is to deliver the full functionality of Print 2.0 to you. During this phase our Expert Services team will be performing the following technical onboarding and configurations:
- Push data from the inriver PIM
- Develop customizations and formulas
- Configure and compile data in Print 2.0
- Test customer-specific 2.0 functionality
- Set up EasyCatalog panel
- Create InDesign template based on examples, or adapt already existing templates
- Test and validate different pagination options in InDesign
- Determine the most valid process
- Demo the full project
- Make necessary amends to customizations, configurations, templates
At this phase, our Expert Services team performs a final test of the complete workflow to your validation. The team will also train your users in using the system.
Your users start using Print 2.0! If any support is needed our Support team is there to assist you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.