Sections in the Article
This article explains how to divide content in your database into different segments.
About Content Segmentation
When you activate Content Segmentation, all entities will be assigned to a default segment. You can change the name of this segment and also create other segments with other names.
If your inRiver environment already contains enriched product information you might want to separate your content into different segments.
There is a number of ways to change the segment that your content belongs to. To be able to assign content to a segment, the permission ChangeEntitySegment must be assigned to a user role connected to the segment you want to change.
You can change segment on an entity (Product, Item, Resource etc) by:
- Changing segment on a single entity in the Details view in Enrich
- Using Mass update segment on selected entities in a work area in Enrich
- Updating segments through the Data import in Enrich
- Updating segments through the Remoting API
- Updating segments through the REST API
This video shows how to change segments on entities in Enrich.