Sections in the Article
This article explains how Content Segmentation works for users that have access to multiple segments.
Multiple Segment Users
Users that have access to multiple segments, for example, content related to several brands or divisions, will notice changes to a number of operations in inRiver when Content Segmentation is activated.
There are two main reasons why users have access to multiple segments:
- If you need to view or edit content in multiple segments.
- If you need to change which segment content belongs to.
Users with access to multiple segments are able to see and modify segments in several contexts:
- When creating a new entity
- When editing the details on an entity
- When importing an entity using the Import data wizard
- When uploading files using the Upload media option
- When copying an entity
- When selecting entities and using the Mass update segments option
Segmentation Information in Excel
Segmentation information will be included when exporting to Excel. The exported segmentation information can be used to mass update content belonging to the segment using the Import data wizard.