sections in the article
This article explains how to set up Content Segmentation in inriver.
To set up content segmentation
Follow these steps to set up Content Segmentation:
- As a customer, contact inriver Support to request access to the Segments application in inriver Control Center. (Segments is available by default in partner environments).
- Note! When Content Segmentation is first activated, all entities are assigned to a Default segment.
- Go to inriver Control Center > Segments, then click Add Segment to change the name of the Default segment and create new segments.
- Enter information in the Name and Description fields and click Save.
- Each segment will be assigned an ID (read-only field).
- In inriver Control Center > User Management > Users, assign users to roles if needed.
- Click Edit to change which segments the user's role will be applied to.
- Click the assigned role in the inriver Role field to select which segments to apply the role to, then click OK.
- Once you're done, click Save.
Content segmentation: Video tutorial
In the video below you can see how you create segments and assign users to roles within segments.
Good to know
- When Content Segmentation is first activated, all entities are assigned to a Default segment. As described, you can change the name of this segment and also create new segments.
- To be able to change or assign segments to entities, the permission ChangeEntitySegment has to be assigned to the User Role in inriver Control Center > User Management > Roles.
- As described, designated segments also have to be connected to the user. This is done in inriver Control Center > User Management > Users.
- The read-only column with segment ID is to make it easier to identify and assign a segment to entities.