Sections in the Article
This article explains how to set up Content Segmentation in inRiver.
To Set Up Content Segmentation
Follow these steps to set up Content Segmentation:
- As a customer, contact inRiver Support to request access to the Segments application in Control Center. (Segments is available by default in partner environments).
- Note! When Content Segmentation is first activated, all entities are assigned to a Default segment.
- Go to Control Center > Segments, then click Add Segment to change the name of the Default segment and create new segments.
- Enter information in the Name and Description fields and click Save.
- Each segment will be assigned an ID (read-only field).
- In Control Center > User Management > Users, assign users to roles if needed.
- Click Edit to change which segments the user's role will be applied to.
- Click the assigned role in the inRiver Role field to select which segments to apply the role to, then click OK.
- Once you're done, click Save.
Content Segmentation: Video Tutorial
In the video below you can see how you create segments and assign users to roles within segments.
Good to Know
- When Content Segmentation is first activated, all entities are assigned to a Default segment. As described, you can change the name of this segment and also create new segments.
- To be able to change or assign segments to entities, the permission ChangeEntitySegment has to be assigned to the User Role in Control Center > User Management > Roles.
- As described, designated segments also have to be connected to the user. This is done in Control Center > User Management > Users.
- The read-only column with segment ID is to make it easier to identify and assign a segment to entities.