sections in the article
This article explains the Content Store password policy and provides general security recommendations for password management.
- The password must be at least 8 and max 32 characters long
- Passwords must have at least one non-alphanumeric character
- Passwords must have at least one lowercase ('a'-'z')
- Passwords must have at least one uppercase ('A'-'Z')
Note! The special characters & and # cannot be used when setting a Content Store password. Read more in this article.
Examples of Good and Bad Passwords
Long but weak
- aaaaaaaa (Contains no special characters or random character combinations)
- Password1! (Commonly used password)
Long and strong
Good to Know
We recommend that you
- Log in using Single Sign-On (SSO). Read more about inRiver and SSO in this article.
- Use a password manager.
- Use difficult passwords and never use the same password at different sites.
- Change your password at regular intervals.
- Avoid using temporary email services such as yopmail or mailinator when adding users.
- Always generate random passwords that are not among the most commonly used passwords.