sections in the article
The search in the Community enables you to search in a simple manner. Remember to always search first because new articles and conversations are added weekly. The interface is built for you to search first and if you cannot find what you are looking for then ask you community or contact us.
Understanding score in search results
The ranked search results are based on relevance scores and are displayed to the user in descending order of their scores.
There are sustain fields that are scored in the following way:
Weight for Articles
Weight for Community Post
This means that a match with the title in both articles and community posts are the ones that will rank the highest and descending order. However, the text body or details in the post will also appear in the search result but not as high.
Boost in search results
- Article votes - You as end-users can rate articles as “helpful” or “unhelpful” so that over time an article may develop a score like “10 of 50 users found this article helpful.” Articles with a higher percentage of positive votes will get a boost so that they show up a higher in results than they otherwise would. The more overall votes an article has weighs in two; for example, an article with a rating of 10 out of 50 gets more weight than one with 10 out of 100.
- Community post votes - You as end-users can rate community posts as “helpful” or “unhelpful,” just as your can for articles. The percentage of positive votes functions as a boost and makes a certain post rank higher than it otherwise would.
- Labels - are a form of tags we use to make your search experience better.
What is not included in rearch results
When you search you are searching all articles and community posts. The default snippet size for a search result is 200 characters.
These items are not included in the search:
- Attachments - Content within article attachments is not included in the search.
- My Activities - Search in My Activities is limited to tickets and, specifically, tickets you have access to. It does not include articles.
How we work to make your search experience better
We work daily to improve your search experience. We aim to be able to answer all your questions, however we cannot know your question if you don't search for it.
Thus, the more you use our search function the more we can improve, edit and create content that you need.
Good to know
- Currently category and sections are not included in the search. This soon change when Zendesk release the feature.
- Use votes on Community posts if you think it was good and useful. Votes makes the search ranking higher.
- Stay tuned as we will open up to Google search soon.
How to access / edit / delete / permalink article comments
How to access / edit / delete community posts
How to access / edit / delete / permalink comments on articles
Please sign in to leave a comment.