sections in the article
This article describes how to create and save a work area from a query in the Query Editor.
Creating work areas
Work areas can be created in different ways. The benefit of creating a work area based on a query is that the work area will be populated dynamically based on the search criteria, i.e. the number of entities in the work area will grow and decrease as entities are added or modified.
Note that there's a magnifying glass with a + sign on query-based work areas, to single them out and these work areas are called dynamic work areas.
Using the query editor
The Query Editor is a powerful tool to search for the entities you need. There are many different types of conditions you can use to specify which types of entities you are looking for.
To open the Query Editor, go to the inriver Enrich Dashboard and click Query Editor in the top tool bar.
To find all entities of type Product that are jackets and that don't have a linked Resource:
- Click select value and select Product.
- Click Add condition.
- Select Main Category as condition.
- Click Equals and select Jackets.
- Click the Add Relation condition.
- Select Resource as condition.
- Select Non Existing as value.
Note! what you can select in a Query Editor depends on your data model. This is a example and your data model will look different depending on your industry and workflows.
To find all entities that have been modified during the last week:
- Click Entity Type to see the other conditions that are available.
- Select Last Modified.
- Click Equals to see the other options.
- Select After or After or Equals.
- Click enter a value and select the wanted date and time.
To save a query
When you are happy with a query:
- Click Save. A new window opens, with the option Save query.
- Do you want the work area to be shared by all users?
- If yes, click the folder Common Shared and enter the work area name in the empty field.
- If no, click the folder with your user name and enter the work area name in the empty field. The work area will now only be available to you.
- Click Save.
- The Query Editor window closes and the entities that match the conditions are shown in the work area. Above the entities, the name of the work area and the number of entities included in the work area is shown.