sections in the article
This article explains how to set a custom name for resources that are linked to entities that you want to download from Content Store. This is done by using the Rename Images button on the Content Store overview page.
About renaming images
As a Content Store user, you might want to rename images and other resources linked to entities placed in your cart for download.
In this way, you can select custom names that are relevant to a specific context and then select other names when the resources are used in a different context.
To rename images and resources using a CSV file
- In Content Store, add the content you want to modify to your cart.
Note! You can keep content that you don't want to modify in the cart.
- Click the Rename Images button on the Content Store overview page.
- In the Rename Images window, click the Type drop-down to select which entity type you want to rename linked resources for.
Note: You can only select one entity type at a time.
- Select Replace existing cart if you only want your cart to contain the entities with linked resources that are to be renamed.
- Select Add to existing cart if you want to keep unrelated content that you don't want to modify in the cart.
- Click the Choose file button to select a CSV file that contains the unique IDs and the custom names that will be used to rename the resources.
- Click the Information icon to see the instructions for the CSV file and what separator to use in the file.
The CSV should be headless.
The first column should contain a unique ID (like Product ID or SKU ID)
The second column should contain the filename to use for images linked to the unique ID. If there are several linked images they will be named filename(1) and a number within parentheses.
What separator to use depends on the back-end configuration of your content store.
Only use the characters 'a-z', 'A-Z', '0-9', '-' hyphen, '_' underscore or '.' full stop in the custom image name.
- Once you have selected a CSV file, click the Upload to cart button.
- A window with your cart will open, with the custom image name in a separate column.
- When downloading the content of your cart, the custom image name that has been provided will be used for naming the images in the downloaded ZIP file.
Good to know
- There is a limitation of 1 resource per entity, if the entity includes more resources, only one will be downloaded after renaming.