Sections in the Article
This post provides guidance in how to post in the Developer Community. It also explains how to write a good text that the Community can learn, implement and get inspired from!
About the Developer Community
For our passionate developers out there! Welcome to your Developer Community a platform for you to learn, interact, share ideas, tools, support each other and grow.
Examples of areas to discuss:
What do you use extension for?
Where do you find solutions and problems with extensions?
- You find them all here.
- Do you have any questions? Issues needed some troubleshooting?
- Do you have any questions about the inRiver Remoting API?
Gut stuck and need tips, ideas on how to move forward? Also in regards to implementations?
- How are you implementing the REST API to the inRiver solution?
- Anything in particular that you are proud of and want to show the community?
- Have any questions about the REST API? The Dev Community is here to answer them!
What templates have you created and why? What value do they provide users?
Is there any template you want some input on?
Application Template Solutions
Share other developer tools, for example discuss and give feedback on the inRiver Support Team´s Extensions Kit.
Remember: Sharing tips is a great way to build and demonstrate your technical expertise and support a fellow PIM developer.
How To Write Great Tips
Inspire and share knowledge with community members! Show your inRiver PIM skills by sharing tips on everything from extensions, customizations, HTML hacks, developer tools and more!
- Give your post a clear title.
- Include step-by-step instructions. Using numbered steps will make it easier for other community members to understand and implement your tip. Read more in this article.
- Break your tip into different sections. To increase readability it is great to divide your description into sections.
- Include screenshots Screenshots help the reader to get a context and make it easier to follow along.
- Highlight the value/benefits with your solution. How has this solution helped you? Show the reader why your tips provides value to users.
- Does the reader need to know some prerequisites? Do they need to have something else in place in order to utilize your tip?
- Always add more details than you would think necessary. A general tip is to keep it clear and simple.
Engage With the Writers
Use votes to show if you liked a post! Is anything unclear? Ask the writer a question! We all want to improve and be able to provide even more value to all community members.
Pay It Forward
To make this Community even better, we encourage you to work together with the Community yourself when you can. This will increase our collective knowledge and empower all of us even further!
Keep in mind
Visibility: This forum is visible to inRiver, Partners & Customers.
Urgency: Is your incident urgent? Click Get Help.
Details: Is your topic only one sentence without a description? You might want to provide a little more detail to help us and the community help you!