sections in the article
As a Content Store front-end user, you might want to change which format to use in the download file when downloading your cart and its resources.
This article explains how to configure the download options that are available to front-end users in the Download cart window in Content Store. The options are configured in the Content Store back end in the Web Portal.
Note! Only users with an assigned administrator role can access the Content Store back end in the Web Portal.
Managing inriver Content Store download settings
In the Web Portal > Content Store, the resource format download settings are managed under Data transfer configuration. There are two different settings, Resource format (Catalog) and Resource format (Download).
Resource format (catalog)
Resource format (Catalog) is a single value selection field. It's the setting that is controlling the resource format to use when generating PDF catalogs.
Resource format (download)
Resource format (Download) is a multi value selection field. It's where you select the resource format(s) that are available to the end user when they download their cart.
If the end user opts to download resources as Files, they have the option to select multiple resource formats and download several formats of the resources in the ZIP file.
If the end user opts to download resources as a URL, they can only select a single resource format.
Configuring resource format names
The resource format names are based on image configurations defined in Control Center. Read more about image configurations in this article.
The default resource format names can sometimes be technical and difficult to manage for an end user. To help end users select the right format when downloading content, you can give the resource file formats more user-friendly names.
To configure resource format names
- In the Web Portal > Content Store, select General settings from the top navigation menu to open the Resource format configuration page.
- This is where you can configure a user-friendly name for the resource formats that are available in the Content Store back end, under Content stores > Data transfer configurations and in the Download cart window in the Content Store front end.
- Enter a user-friendly name in the field and click Save.
Good to know
- If you have given your resource format a user-friendly name, it will be shown in the Content Store front end. If you don't, the default name will be shown.
- When you download multiple resource formats, the format names are suffixed with format name/configuration name and not the selected friendly name. See example below.