sections in the article
This article describes how sections are managed in the restyled Plan & Release.
Sections are the building blocks of publications. They are the equivalent to nodes in a channel. A section is also an entity type with built-in support in inriver.
A publication is an organized collection of entities that you want to publish as a printed matter, using inriver Print and Adobe inDesign®.
The main difference between a channel and a publication is that a publication is intended specifically for print in Adobe inDesign® while a channel is about publishing entities to any place.
A section can be just one page, a Lookup, 2-6 pages, or whatever you need for a particular part of your publication.
Sections in inriver Plan & Release
You work with publications and sections in Plan & Release. Below is an example of a publication with sections.
Creating and managing publications and sections
Read more about working with publications and sections in Plan & Release in this article.
Good to know
- A Section ID must be unique and only contain the allowed characters A-Z and digits 0-9.
- Give your section a name that is easy to find when searching for it.
- Publications are managed in inriver Print and Adobe inDesign®.
- Section fields can also be used in InDesign, for example as chapter text/images, product area information, and more. Note! This requires that you add a Custom Attribute to be able to fetch this information.
- One Section should equal one InDesign document.
- When working with large productions, use many sections and multiple InDesign files.
- Keep sections appropriately sized, don't make them very large with hundreds of pages and thousands of products (or other entities).