sections in the article
This article lists common user scenarios that we encourage you to try out while getting acquainted with the restyled inriver user interface:
- the Dashboard
- the new Enrich
- the new Plan & Release
About the user test scenarios
To fully explore the new inriver interface based on the below test scenarios, the user needs to be familiar with the basics of working in inriver. They need to be an Editor to work in the Web Portal and, if adding or modifying product information in Control Center, they need to be an Administrator.
Read more about user roles in this article.
Explore the top navigation menu
- Navigate between the applications and functions.
- Find the Jobs menu, your Tasks, and the Search bar.
Explore the dashboard widgets
- Click the headings to open each widget.
Switch between the dashboard and inriver Community
- Visit inriver Community by clicking the Community shortcut.
- Search for “inriver” or "Dashboard" in the inriver Community and explore the documentation.
Use the Help widget in the bottom right corner and get in-app support
- Search for “inriver” or "Dashboard" in the Help widget and compare the result to searching in the Community.
Optional: Change interface language to French, German, or Spanish
- Explore the user interface in a different interface language.
Explore the new Enrich interface and functionality by following the basic steps of the enrichment process. Do it your way! How do you go about enriching content? Can you find your way around the new interface? What do you like? Was anything hard to find?
Enrich your content
- Create and modify different types of entities; products, items, resources, looks.
- Include and populate fields such as name, description, numbers, CVLs, and mandatory fields.
- Collapse the category you are editing. Close the entity, open it again and confirm that the category is still collapsed. Expand and repeat to confirm that it says expanded.
- Add media to your entities and change the main pictures. Select “Show all”. Check the dashboard widget to see if your changes are visible there as well as in Enrich.
- Create relations between your newly created entities by dragging and dropping them in the Includes and Included in fields.
- Star some of your new or updated entities and check if the updated product information is visible in the Entities widget.
- As you enrich the products, keep track of the completeness levels to see how they change from red, to yellow, and green.
- Add product information in different languages and switch back and forth.
- Check the revision history of the entities that you’ve modified.
Search for information
- Create and save queries and use the quick search to find your newly created content.
- Create notifications and tasks and assign them to others as well as yourself. Find your assigned notifications and tasks and act on them.
- Add comments on your newly created products and check if other users have added comments as well.
- Delete comments once you’ve acted on them.
Exports and imports
- Export your new entities, modify them, and import them again.
- Check the Jobs widget for a job status update.
- Search for the updated entities to ensure they have been updated. Is the time date stamp correct?
- Search for some entities. Open the search result in a work area.
- Save the work area and close it. Note! The work area will be used when testing Plan & Release below.
- Locate the work area in the work areas widget and in Enrich.
inriver Plan & release
Create a channel and use the product information that you’ve created in Enrich.
Create a channel
- Check if the channel is visible in the Channels widget. If your new channel isn't visible in the Channel widget overview, open the widget and check the full list of channels.
- Open the work area you created and saved when importing data in Enrich.
- Create a task to notify you when new entities are added to the node.
- Sort the work area with your entities by changing between different views.
Create a rule
- Include all your newly created entities.
Delete your newly created channel
- Check the Channels widget to make sure your channel is removed.