sections in the article
This article provides an overview of the Plan & Release functionality in inriver.
About inriver Plan & Release
The Plan & Release functionality allows you to monitor the content sent to outbound channels and publications. Below illustrates the Plan & Release dashboard:
Directly from the dashboard you can click on the navigation menu to:
- Edit - takes you to the channel where you can start working on it.
- Star entity - Create a bookmark on the start page of Enrich and moves the channel first in the Plan & Release dashboard.
- Open in new tab - opens the channel in enrich in an entity overview, in a new tab.
- Open in enrich - opens the channel in enrich in an entity overview.
- Unpublish - prevent the channel from being published via a connector.
- Delete - Remove the channel and all the links to its content.
You also have seamless access to your Tasks in the task widget.
Channels and publications
A Channel is basically an organized collection of entities that you want to publish. Entities are a core concept in an inriver solution. By associating a channel to an outbound connector, your product information will be published to different receiving systems.
A Publication is similar to a channel, except that the information will be set up for Print via an InDesign connector. Read more about the inriver Print Plugin in this article.
Both Channel and Publication entities are created in inriver and support FieldTypes and LinkTypes the same way as other entities.
You can create a new channel or publication in the top navigation toolbar.
Selecting a channel brings you to the Channel Insights Tab. From here you can easily view the channel´s readiness also called completeness.
Selecting the Structure Tab on the channel is where you manage channel nodes in a selected channel. They can be added, moved or removed. Below is an overview of the interface:
In the field to the left, you can open a work area just like in Enrich or quick search. This is very useful when populating a channel.
In the field to the right, you can manually add products or create link rules/queries to build out the channel node.
If your channel structure is large, use the filter search box to find different channel nodes.
To leverage the full potential of your inriver solution, it is important to create a Data model that makes product enrichment both easy and efficient. Plan & Release lets you build a channel structure that supports the way an outbound system expects to consume the product information.
When working with a channel you can utilize the entity toolbar at all times, which enables you to:
- Star entity -Create a bookmark of the channel on the start page of Enrich and moves the channel first in the Plan & Release dashboard.
- Edit - Edit fields in a pop-up widget.
- Open details in enrich application - Take a shortcut to Enrich where you find the selected channel in the entity overview.
- Lock Entity - lock the entity so that no other user can work on it.
- System info - system info about the channel.
- Synchronize channel - see explanation below.
- Rebuild channel - see explanation below.
- Publish/Unpublish - Allow or prevent the channel from being published via a connector.
Rebuilding or synchronizing a channel
It is possible to rebuild or synchronize a channel when the structure or content is out of sync or corrupt. This is not something that you have to do often. For instructions on how to rebuild or synchronize a channel, read this article.
Synchronize Channel will try to resolve and rearrange the entities within a channel. If the structure is corrupt, this will not fix the problem and you have to use the Rebuild Channel option.
Rebuild Channel will completely remove the channel structure and build it up again from scratch, based on the actual links. This can take time and should be used with caution.
Important: These jobs should not be run at the same time.