sections in the article
This article explains how to set data, model, and interface language in inriver.
For detailed information about language options in inriver, read this article.
Languages in inriver
When working in inriver, we distinguish between model language, data language, and the inriver interface language.
When you define an elastic data model, you select which languages you need to translate your product information for different channels and/or markets.
All parts of the model (for example objects such EntityTypes, FieldTypes, and Categories) can be translated to the languages you include in your model.
In inriver, there are more than 800 supported model languages. Read more in this article.
Data language is the language in which you want to display the product information you work with in the system.
You can review the information in all languages defined in a data model, but the selected data language is the default language used to display product information.
Interface language is the language of the inriver UI. You can select interface language in the Web Portal. The available interface language options are English (US), French, German, and Spanish.
User language settings
Language settings are saved per user. This means that different users can have different language settings.
To select language in the web portal
- In the Web Portal, click the user icon in the upper right corner.
- Click User Details > Language and select Interface, Data, and Model language from the drop-down menus.
- Click Save to save your changes. Repeat your password if required.
Note! You have to log out and log in again for the language changes to take effect.
To select language in inriver Control Center
- To select model language in Control Center, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Language.
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Optional: You can add model languages in Control Center > Model > Language.
Note! Changing the model language in Control Center will not result in changing it in the Web Portal, these actions do not affect one another.