Sections in the Article
This article explains how to set up a Supplier Onboarding site for a supplier.
About Supplier Onboarding
Supplier Onboarding allows you to set up and easily manage how data and resources should be formatted and transferred from your suppliers. Facilitating the onboarding of new products, and speeding up the time-to-market by providing a single point of communication.
Setting Up a New Supplier
In the Suppliers Tab, you configure the specifics of the site UI and responsibilities for that particular supplier. This is also where you manage users and define data mappings to be used during imports.
To create a new supplier:
- Click +Create Supplier in the upper right corner
- Fill in Supplier name with the name of your new supplier and click Save.
- Once you have saved, you can start configuring the supplier.
Name - select a name for the Supplier. This name will be visible in the supplier portal for the supplier.
Responsible - assigns a system user as the "owner" of that supplier.
Automatic Import - if the checkbox is checked, it means that any upload the supplier does will be validated and automatically added to inRiver. If the checkbox is empty, any upload will be subject to manual approval.
Background Color - sets the background color of the site start page the supplier logs into. Use HEX color format, e.g. #4c4c4c
Text Color - sets the text color that lies on the background color of the site start page the supplier logs into. Use HEX color format, e.g. #ffffff
Logo Image - you can upload an image (usually a logotype) that is relevant for this supplier.
When you create a mapping between the fields in inRiver and an .xls, .xlsx or .csv file, make sure you have prepared the file with the following information:
- The top row must contain column headers. The column headers are the "fields" you map to the fields of the EntityType in inRiver.
- The file must contain columns with header that match and will be mapped to the mandatory fields of the EntityType. Without mandatory fields mapped, the upload will not be valid, and the validation process will reject the upload.
Depending on your Model and what EntityType information your supplier provides, you should try to match the fields in inRiver as closely as possible with the file your supplier uploads to make column/field mapping easy.
There are two ways you could facilitate this:
- You make an Excel export on a search result in Enrich of the relevant EntityType and send it to your supplier to fill in with relevant product information according to the columns/fields and mandatory fields in that file.
- You request your supplier to send a sample file that you map to the fields in inRiver.
We recommend that you do a separate mapping for each EntityType.
Specifications in a Mapping
If you need to add Specifications to the EntityType and add data to Specification fields, you can keep them in the same file and map them when you create a mapping.
Example: Click +Create Mapping and upload a .csv, .xls or .xlsx file. When the file has uploaded has been approved (green checkmark), you click Next.
Give the mapping a name, select the EntityType and the Specification you want to add to it. Map out which field values should be mapped to the EntityType fields in inRiver, and which to the Specification fields on the EntityType. Mapping a field from your file to an inRiver field can only be made once, you cannot add it to both EntityType and Specification.
This is where you create users for the site where the supplier logs in.
- Click +Create user
- Enter the supplier´s Email, First name and Last name
- Click Save
- An API key will be automatically generated for the user. Once saved, a link will be generated. Send that link to the user, so they can set a password
Suppliers log into their supplier site through https://supplier.productmarketingcloud.com/
inRiver Partners log into the Supplier site through https://partner.supplier.productmarketingcloud.com/
Updating an Existing Supplier
The Suppliers Tab provides an overview of all your supplier-specific information and settings. If you want to edit an existing supplier, you can select the supplier from the drop-down list and add the information you want to update.
Good To Know
- The Responsible setting is the system user that manages this supplier from your organization. It is an indication of who should be contacted regarding this Supplier. However, it is currently not possible to i.e. set up mail notifications when there are pending imports or use this setting in an extension. Since there are no API methods related to Supplier Onboarding, so it is not accessible from extensions.
Note! This video illustrates an older version of Supplier onboarding.