Sections in the Article
This article explains how to add input parameters in Control Center that can be used when creating a catalog in Content Store.
The input parameters can also be used during Ajax calls to fetch specific information such as ERP data for a user or to add user-specific information to a PDF.
Note! Only users with an assigned administrator role can access the Content Store back end in the Web Portal and in Control Center.
To Add Input Variables in Control Center
- Go to Control Center > Html Templates and click the Type drop-down to select one of the templates designed to be used in Content Store (Content Store Template, Content Store Cover Page or Content Store End Page).
- Click the Edit Input Variables button.
- Under Edit Input Variables, you can add two different types of input variables: Text variables and List variables. List variables are added as a semicolon-separated list.
- After adding your input variables, click OK to save your changes.
- You can preview the input variables in the Sample data field under Template Preview.
Examples of Input-Variable Use in a Catalog
Below is an example of what it looks like when input variables are used in a PDF file. The data that has been added is highlighted in red.
The below screenshot shows how the input-variable data is managed in the Content Store front end.
For more information about creating a catalog in Content Store, read this article.
The below screenshot shows an example of a text that has been added to the template page of a catalog, using input variables.
In Content Store
Below is a screenshot of the template-page input variables from the Control Center backend settings:
The below screenshot shows an example of a text that has been added to the cover page of a catalog, using input variables.
Below is an example of the cover page variable data entered in the varTitle field in Content Store:
Below is the HTML source document with the defined variables: