sections in the article
This article describes where to get feedback about data that's been imported using Excel.
To find ongoing and finished excel import jobs
- To find information about Excel import jobs, go to the Web Portal > Enrich and click the Jobs button in the top menu. Information about each import is listed on separate job cards. Note that only Excel imports that you have triggered yourself are visible under Jobs.
- The job card shows the status of the Excel import. Click the job card to open a status page to follow the progress of the import. You can also download a validation report to track the status of the imported entities.
- If you want to scroll back in the job history and download an excel report for a job completed for example a couple of months ago, click on Jobs then use the desired filter to locate the job.
Excel import job names
Excel import jobs are named based on which type of import that has been triggered. The following labels are used:
- Content validated and imported.
Excel import: validation only
- Content validated. No content imported.
To check the status of an excel import
- To check the job status for an Excel import job, click the log icon on the Excel import job card. If the import isn't finished, the job status Processing is displayed in a yellow box on the Excel import job card. The job card also provides information about when an import was started.
- When clicking the log icon, the Validation and Import Status Report page is displayed.
- If an import is ongoing, the import status on the Validation and Import Status Report page is updated continuously as the import progresses. The progress bar indicates how much is left of the import. The report also provides information about how many entities have been handled: How many entities have been added as new, updated, if entities are unchanged, or if they have failed to update.
- When an Excel import job is finished, the status on the Excel import job card in Enrich > Jobs is changed to Completed. If all the entities were imported without errors, Completed will be displayed in a green circle with a check mark:
If the import contains errors causing import fail for some or all entities, the job status Completed is displayed in an orange circle with a warning icon, indicating that there are errors that you need to check:
- To see the result of the finished import, click the Open New and Updated button on the Validation and Import Status Report page. Clicking this button opens all entities that were created or updated by the import in a work area, where you can continue working with these entities.
- To close the Validation and Import Status Report page, click the Close button.
To download an excel import report file
- To download an import report based on a finished Excel import, click the download report icon on the Excel import job card.
You can obtain the same import report from the Validation and Import Status Report status page when an import is completed, by clicking the button Download Import Report.
- The report lists all entities in the import, providing information on whether it's a new or updated entity, entity type, import status, and consolidated error messages. All entities containing errors are highlighted in red, together with an error message explaining why the import failed.
- If needed, the file containing the report can be used to correct errors and reimport the listed entities.
To correct import errors in the excel import report file
- If an import contains errors, click the Download Import Errors button on the Validation and Import Status Report page. If an import doesn't contain errors, the Download Import Errors button isn't visible.
- Clicking this button opens an import error report in Excel, listing all entities containing errors highlighted in red, together with an error message explaining why the import failed.
- You can use this import error report file to correct errors and then import the corrected entities again.
Good to know
- It is currently not possible to use the Jobs function for your own extensions.